Physical distancing has become a key consideration for meeting and event planners. And while there are many good reasons why physical distancing rules must be respected, finding a venue with the space and resources to protect guests during the pandemic is no small challenge. Fortunately for guests of Québec City, there are more than a few safe options.
Without a doubt, guest health and safety is priority number one for Québec City’s venues. To that end, size, convenience, and adaptability are key to physical distancing. Ahead are five venues that fit the bill:
- Québec City Convention Centre: With over 300,000 square feet of adaptable space, the Convention Centre is well-equipped to respect physical distancing requirements. Moreover, the venue engages in 12 air changes per hour and has updated its facilities with safe meeting rooms and enhanced sanitary measures. The Convention Centre also offers direct, underground connections to two premier hotels, limiting guests’ travel time and exposure.
- ExpoCité: Billed at the largest event venue in Eastern Canada, ExpoCité is a 371,000-square-foot urban site that boasts a wide range of indoor and outdoor multi-purpose facilities. The venue is no stranger to hosting large-scale events (e.g., sports games, live entertainment, exhibitions, industry gatherings), and offers plenty of clean, spacious, and adaptable event spaces. As an added bonus, the venue is within a few steps from the new Grand Marché city marketplace.
- Manège Militaire (Québec Armoury): Situated in old Québec City, the Manège Militaire offers unique and wide-open spaces for any event. Planners can choose between the 18,480-square-foot Weapons Room, 11,319-square-foot Salle D’Armes Voltigeurs de Quebec reception space, or the 7,084-square-foot Royal Rifles Weapons Rooms – all of which have style and room to spare. With room to host up to 1200 guests under ‘typical’ conditions, this historical venue enables event planners to make an impression on their guests in open, comfortable spaces.
- Fairmont Le Château Frontenac: On-site catering, large accommodations, and certified meeting professionals make the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac a convenient, all-in-one event destination for groups looking to keep their event in one place. The hotel includes a spacious and elegant Grand Ballroom, as well as the chateau-style Bellevue Room and the roomy Frontenac Room for groups of various sizes. Moreover, the hotel has partnered with pandemic experts and embedded new standards of safety, enhanced protocols to keep all spaces safe through its ALL Safe and Well pandemic safety program.
- Hilton Québec: This newly renovated venue offers 25 adaptable meeting rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows and the largest ballroom in the city. Besides hosting over 2,500 of event space, the venue provides direct access to top-tier hotel accommodations, on-site catering, and other critical amenities.
These days, it can be tough to bring groups together. Meeting and event planners must weigh critical health and safety considerations when choosing a destination for their guests. It’s no easy task, but venues in Québec City are helping to make the decision much easier.
Learn more about conducting safe and memorable events in Québec City by visiting the CVB’s COVID-19 Resource Centre.