In July and August 2018, the Québec City Convention Centre will welcome over 8,000 Canadian, American, and international delegates for nine national and international conventions. These business tourists will have an estimated economic impact of over $12 million.
“The Québec City Convention Centre’s activities this summer will have a major impact on the city’s economy, hotels, restaurants and businesses,” said Québec City Convention Centre president and CEO Pierre-Michel Bouchard. “Visitors will certainly take advantage of the conference to enjoy our city’s many attractions—the best way to combine business and pleasure.”
Upcoming international and national events
In July and August 2018, the Québec City Convention Centre will welcome seven international and two national events.
- ISMSC 2018 – International Symposium on Macrocyclic and Supramolecular Chemistry
- Annual Convention of the Canadian Association of Pathologists
- 2018 Canadian Number Theory Association Conference
- WIO 2018 – Workshop on Information Optics
- FBINAA 2018 Annual Training Conference and Exhibition
- 2018 International Geographic Union (IGU) Regional Conference
- ISC 2018 – 20th International Sedimentological Congress
- Tenth Annual Meeting of the Society for the Neurobiology of Language (SNL)
- 2018 ASME IDETC/CIE – International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information Engineering Conference
About the Québec City Convention Centre
The mission of the Quebec City Convention Centre is to attract and host conferences and other events. Its operations have economic benefits for the region while enhancing its national and international profile. The Centre is widely recognized and is certified LEED Canada-CI, LEED-BE Silver, BOMA BESt Level 3, and AIPC Quality Standards gold level. It was named World’s Best Convention Centre by AIPC in 2006 and was a finalist for the same award in 2014.