Edmonton’s largest airline continues to provide region with the most seats, flights and destinations
WestJet has announced that it has again enhanced its schedule and connectivity out of Edmonton International Airport (EIA) to key business and leisure destinations in Canada and the U.S., adding 23 weekly flights.
“WestJet continues to invest in Edmonton and Northern Alberta with increased service, connectivity and frequencies,” said Brian Znotins, WestJet Vice-President, Network Planning, Alliances and Corporate Development. “As the largest airline flying out of EIA, we are providing schedules to key business destinations like Calgary and Fort McMurray while giving local leisure travellers the opportunity to visit destinations like Las Vegas on a schedule that fits their own.”
Details of WestJet’s increased service from Edmonton:
- Edmonton-Calgary, from 77 to 86 times weekly (12 times each business day).
- Edmonton-Vancouver, from 49 to 58 times weekly (nine times each business day).
- Edmonton-Kelowna, from 48 to 49 times weekly (seven times daily).
- Edmonton-Fort McMurray, from 24 to 25 times weekly.
- Edmonton-Saskatoon, from 19 to 20 times weekly.
- Edmonton-Las Vegas, from 10 to 11 times weekly.
- Edmonton-Los Angeles from six to seven times weekly (once daily).
This summer, WestJet will operate an average of 62 daily flights from Edmonton International Airport. In the past 10 years, WestJet has increased capacity out of EIA by 52 per cent and now accounts for 73 per cent of the capacity out of the city, measured in available seat miles.
“The increase in number of non-stop flights per week between Edmonton and these select markets is great news for EIA and our passengers,” said Tom Ruth, President and CEO, Edmonton International Airport. “WestJet continues to show leadership in air service offerings in Edmonton, and we are proud to grow as partners together.”
The service is part of the airline’s seasonal schedule for the summer of 2018. In addition to the above increases to Edmonton service, highlights of WestJet’s 2018 summer schedule include:
- New non-stop daily service from Halifax to Paris and London (Gatwick).
- The addition of almost 200 flights to WestJet’s hubs including 60 to Vancouver, 72 to Calgary and 28 to Toronto.
- New non-stop four-time weekly service between Calgary and Whitehorse.
- Additional flights from Vancouver to a number of domestic and international destinations including Cancun, Cabo San Lucas, Edmonton, Kelowna, Ottawa, Regina, Fort St. John and Victoria.
- Additional flights from Calgary to a number of transborder and sun destinations including Nashville, Cancun, Dallas / Ft. Worth and Las Vegas.
- Additional flights from Calgary to a number of domestic destinations including Nanaimo, Edmonton, Halifax, Kelowna, Fort McMurray, Windsor, Grand Prairie, Montreal, Abbotsford, Penticton and Victoria.
- Calgary-Vancouver, from 88 to 112 times weekly (16 times daily), with hourly service in both directions (top of the hour from Vancouver, and bottom of the hour from Calgary).
- Additional flights from Toronto to a number of sun destinations including Cancun, Montego Bay, Nassau, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana and Fort Myers.
- Additional flights from Toronto to a number of Canadian destinations including Ottawa, Montreal, Saskatoon and Victoria.
- An increase of nine new weekly flights between Toronto and Ottawa for a total of 13 times daily.
- An increase of nine weekly flights between Toronto and Montreal for a total of 14 times daily.
This summer, WestJet will operate an average of 765 daily flights to 92 destinations including 43 in Canada, 22 in the United States, 23 in Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America, and four in Europe.
For more information on new routes and increased frequencies in WestJet’s 2018 summer schedule, please visit westjet.com/flight-schedules-new.