Remember these healthy options, and it will fuel your delegates with energy for the day.
- Choose foods based on Canada’s Food Guide. Aim for at least three food groups for meals and two food groups for snacks.
- Make sure to include vegetables and fruit, grain products, milk and alternatives, meat and alternatives
- Include raw vegetables cut up and offered with or without a lower-fat dressing and fruit, whole or cut up, either fresh, frozen, canned or dried
- Offer lower fat milk such as skim, one per cent, two per cent and soy beverages
- Serve lower-fat cheeses (21 per cent mild fat or less) and yogurts (two per cent milk fat or less)
- Offer a variety of whole-grain products such as whole wheat, rye, cracked wheat and multi-grain breads, cereals, pastas and brown rice
- Serve smaller portion sizes and include half or mini-sized muffins, bagels and sandwiches